Photos rotating above are from the recent concerts. The 2017 Christmas Concert at First Baptist Church on December 10, is featured first. The Chorale’s Artistic Director and Conductor of the concert was Steve Skinner. The Palmetto Girls Sing, also from the 2017 Christmas Concert, are featured second. The 50th Anniversary Festival of Flowers concert at Lander University on June 6, 2017 is featured third. The Chorale’s Artistic Director and Conductor was Dr. Marion Smith. He announced his retirement after this concert. It featured the Greenwood Eagle Singers conducted by Gina Jolly. Also featured, is the traditional Christmas Concert for the 2015 season presenting a special “combined choirs” presentation of the Handel’s MESSIAH. The Greenwood Festival Chorale joined with the Laurens County Chorale, the Lander University Singers and the Greenwood First Baptist Church Choir presenting two performances of the favorite classic in both Clinton at the First Baptist Church and Greenwood at Lander University Cultural Center Auditorium. MESSIAH concert information is included in the current posts. For more information and future planned concerts, see below:
- Rehearsals for Festival of Flowers Concert begins April 3, 2018 at the First Presbyterian Church
- Festival of Flowers Concert – ‘Roses and Rivers” – Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 7:00 pm Lander University Josephine B. Abney Cultural Auditorium
- Check out our events on Greenwood Calendar!
Nickie Murphy, Chorale Contact Person
Thank You from the Chorale:
- All who attended the concerts and contributed to the program as supporters or with an advertisement.
- All who supported the Greenwood Festival Chorale with contributions for the season.
- The South Carolina Festival of Flowers as a Sanctioned Event in their program of events.
- The South Carolina Arts Commission for a grant to help make this concert possible. The South Carolina Arts Commission receives support from the National Endowment for the Arts and the John and Susan Bennett Memorial Arts Fund of the Coastal Community Foundation of SC.
- The Greenwood County Community Foundation for a grant to support the concert season.
- First Presbyterian Church of Greenwood for rehearsal and music library space.
- Lander University Special Events Staff, Eddie Shaw and Robert Mitchum.
- Allegra Printing and Nickie Murphy for graphics design of programs and posters.
- Index Journal for publicity.
The Greenwood Festival Chorale is organized as exclusively charitable or educational within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. All contributions may be tax deductible.
A special thank you for our grant contributors below: